June 4-6 The Columbus Arts Festival
- On Saturday, 11:00am-1:00pm a SwingColumbus contingent will be social dancing along with one of our favorite local bands, The Randys in front of the Main Stage. Join us! They play a huge variety from Elvis to tango to Banana Phone (you've got to see it to get it) and are a hit with all ages from little kids to 20s/30s bar goers to baby boomers to centenarians. If you don't like The Randys, there's something wrong with you.
June 18-20 The Gahanna Creekside Blues and Jazz Festival
SwingColumbus has been INVITED by this festival to add to the atmosphere! We're really thrilled! Our performance team is committing to attend certain times and may attend even more. Here are the ones we're committing to attend. If the times overlap that's because there are 3 stages and sometimes the stuff we like overlaps, so if you don't see us at one stage, check another one. (I will update this post if anything changes)
FRIDAY, JUNE 18
- 5:00-6:00 In Full Swing (big band / 40s-50s swing)
- 7:45-9:00 Ray Fuller (rockabilly/blues/swing)
- 9:30-11 for either Jimi Vincent or Mudfork blues (blues or blues...)
- 2:30-4:00 Tollhouse Jazz Band (Dixieland/20s jazz)
- 5:15-6:45 Long Tall Deb and the Drifter Kings (blues)
7:45-9 Swings the thing (big band/ 40s-50s swing)UPDATE- we have our monthly dance this night so we decided we can't promise to be at this one.
- 3:00-5:30 Columbus Jazz Orchestra
- 4:30-6 Sean Carney
June 19 SwingColumbus' Monthly Dance at the Downtown YWCA!
- Third Saturday of every month - it's a good time and only $6/$4 students. Free beginner lesson 8-9pm and dancing to our favorite DJs 9-midnight.
- It's friendly and low-key and a great place to meet people and practice your dance skills. And if it's your birthday month, we throw you in the jam circle and you dance with EVERYONE!
- Sunday at 11:30am SwingColumbus' performance team will be on the Community Stage
- The schedule hasn't been published yet, but I'll update this post when it is so you'll know the best bands for dancing!
find swing dancing regularly at restaurants, bars, and other places in Columbus.